Happy Labor Day! I hope today is one of rest from the busyness of work. Colossians 3:23-24 gives a wonderful explanation of work. I encourage you to reflect upon this verse on this Labor Day: 23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Yesterday, I introduced INVITE YOUR ONE to our Brushy Creek faith family. As a recap, here are some key details for you to know . . .
What is Invite Your One?
Invite Your One is a strategy we are adopting this fall to help us become more intentional in inviting people to church. This is a “high attendance day” where we hope to see every member of our church bring at least one person with you. More specifically, the person you bring will preferably be a person who is either un-churched or de-churched. We have a prayer team who is interceding daily for this big day. We will have a follow-up team who will help to express gratitude to people for visiting and to reiterate the Gospel to them in a loving and clear manner.
What is your responsibility for Invite Your One?
Your responsibility is simple . . . bring at least one person (preferably an un-churched or de-churched person) to church with you to Invite Your One Day on October 21st.
When is Invite Your One Day?
How can you invite people to Invite Your One Day?
Ultimately, you can come up with your own way to invite people to Invite Your One Day. Here are a few ideas for you . . .
- Card Invites: We have had some business-card-sized invitations printed for you to hand out to anyone you can imagine inviting. These will be passed out to the church on September 23rd. Take several of them. Keep them in your wallet and hand them to anyone you can imagine inviting.
- Digital Invites: You can click here for a Facebook invitation you can send to someone you’re inviting, or click here to refer your friend to a special page we’ve developed on the church website. Go ahead and click the link to your preferred digital invitation, copy the link, then paste it in a text message you will send to your friend.
- Strategic Invites: Think through people in your life whom you should invite. If they like Zaxby’s, bring them some chicken and include an invite card with your gift to them. The point is that you think through a strategic way to invite someone, then actually do it!
- Neighbor Invites: Go to the homes of the neighbors who live on either side of you and across the street. Just knock on their doors, take a loaf of bread or some homemade goodies, and bless them with food, and include an invite card. I’d like to see every church member invite every neighbor to Invite Your One Day.
What is the preaching schedule for Invite Your One?
- September 23 | A Greater Work (John 14:12-14)
- September 30 | No Greater Time Than Right Now (Luke 10:1-3)
- October 7 | A Greater Church (Romans 12:3-5)
- October 14 | The Great Responsibility (Matthew 28:16-20)
- October 21 | Awesome – I Can Go to Heaven!
Moving Beyond the Walls of the Church to Reach People,