In this episode, Jeremy interviews Marty Duren, Executive Editor and Marketing Manager at LifeWay Christian Resources. Jeremy and Marty discuss culture, the digital world, and internet church.
- On your website, you stated the following, “Christianity in the United States has become a sub-culture with its own language, customs and secret handshakes.” I couldn’t have said it any better. What are your general thoughts on the sub-culture that is American Christianity?
- You host a podcast, The Fourth Estate, where (amongst other things) you talk about how the media or websites seek to deceive people. How did you get into this particular passion?
- You have experienced a major career shift from pastoring for 25 years to working full-time in the digital space. You oversee a lot of social media accounts, write a lot, and live online. How has that shift gone for you?
- You write about culture every single day. What are your thoughts on the cultural direction of America and the role of Christians within the culture?
- Since you are so heavily involved in the online world, what are your thoughts on internet churches or internet campuses?
CONNECT WITH MARTY DUREN ONLINE