In this episode, Jeremy interviews Dr. Phil Cooke, co-founder of Cooke Pictures. Phil has produced and directed film and television programming in more than fifty countries, and has been influential in shaping the stories of some of the most successful nonprofit and ministry organizations of our time. He’s been called “the only working producer in Hollywood with a Ph.D. in Theology,” and “One of the most innovative communicators of our generation.”
Jeremy and Phil discuss media ministry, video production, messaging, branding, strategic planning.
- Before we get into the depths of media and all that you do, I’ve gotta ask you about something that sounds wild. You’ve been shot at, survived two military coups, fallen out of a helicopter, and in Africa, been threatened with prison. What is a story behind one of these crazy events?
- You’re Executive Producer of “Let Hope Rise”—The Hillsong Movie that released this fall. What was it like to develop this project?
- You consult some major TV ministers, like Joel Osteen, Jack Graham, and Joyce Meyer. I’ve always had a fascination with media ministries. What do you think is the future of Christian media ministries? (e.g. TV, radio, internet, etc.)
- Specifically relating to internet ministry, what are some of the most strategic things pastors can do to reach the masses? (podcasting, live streaming, social media, TV apps, etc.)
- For a pastor who is listening, and they want to start a strategic TV and/or media ministry, where should they begin?
CONNECT WITH PHIL COOKE ONLINE