I’m incredibly passionate to bring glory to Jesus by teaching others about leadership, creativity, church growth, and vision. That’s why I write this blog, write books, and host a leadership podcast.
Follower of Jesus
Husband, Father of 2 Girls
Lead Pastor of Church of the Highlands
Adjunct Professor at Liberty University & Midwestern Seminary
Author of Several Books
Leadership. Church Growth. Vision. Creativity
I am married with two children and serve as the Lead Pastor of Church of the Highlands, Chattanooga, TN; Adjunct Professor at Liberty University and Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; write lots of books and blog posts; and host a weekly leadership podcast.
– BS in Religion, Liberty University (’05)
– MA in Religion, Liberty University (’07)
– MDiv in Biblical Languages, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (’07)
– DMin in Church Growth, Liberty University (’09)
– Intern: Great Hills Baptist Church Austin, TX
– Intern: First Baptist Church of Roanoke, VA
– Pastor’s Assistant: Cross Church, Springdale, AR
– Dr. Jay Strack’s Research Assistant: Student Leadership University, Orlando, FL
– Pastor’s Intern: Prestonwood Baptist Church, Plano, TX
– Lead Pastor: Refuge Church at Pleasant Hill, Lenoir City, TN
– Minister/Church Relations Assoc: Southern Baptists of TX Convention, Grapevine, TX
– Lead Pastor: Church of the Highlands, Chattanooga, TN
CHURCH OF THE HIGHLANDS’ STORY
I became pastor of Highland Park Baptist Church in downtown Chattanooga in April of 2012. This church used to average 10,000 people and had a 5,700 seat worship center. The church was down to 120 people in attendance and up to $3.1 million of debt. Five months into my pastorate, I cast the vision to sell everything downtown, start over from scratch as a new church plant called “Church of the Highlands.” Now, our church has grown by 230% and we’ve baptized 120+ people.
I love serving Jesus here and the mission we’re on together. Throughout time, I developed a passion for helping others lead, create, grow, and cast vision. Thanks so much for joining the conversation.